The 5 Saturdays science, technology, engineering, agility, and math (STEAM) initiative is a JCWalk flagship program to introduce modern ways of working in under-estimated communities in the United States and beyond.
The program was established in 2013 with the primary focus to provide vocational ministry capabilities that include:
- Coding – develop websites and Python programs.
- Entrepreneurship – develop a business idea as a team.
- Design Thinking – explore innovative ideas to support customer unmet needs.
- Financial Acumen – learn the foundation of running a business.
- Career (Job) Readiness – build a resume and interview skills.
Our 5 Saturdays Pods are unique expressions of people launching a new learning experience in their community. Each pod is led and established by people living in their own community. We provide the training, content, and at times funding to execute a 5 Saturdays pod in local communities.